Friday, March 24, 2017

Yes, I'm still alive after over a year

Its amazing how time flies, its been over a year since I updated this blog, which is usually a good barometer for declaring a blog "dead".  But this one isn't, its just in hibernation as its curator raises a family.

Which is a cool thing to do in Japan because sometimes you find coin operated Mobile Robot suits like the one in the above photo which was taken over the weekend.  I need to get one of these for our living room.  I was thinking it would have been the most awesome Famicom controller ever, and I hope Nintendo will release one, maybe for Formation Z or some other game, in the near future.

Will be back in 2018 with another update, maybe sooner.  I haven't bought a video game in over a year, which is really the main reason for this blog's inactivity.  When the occupant of the above Mobile Robot suit is old enough, I'll probably break the Famicom out again and find some more reasons to post :)

10 comments:

  1. Update if you ever find anything cool again! Thanks to rss readers we'll get your updates. As for the long break Its expected. Kids are the best, most time consuming hobby...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'll try to keep it up if I find anything interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My almost 3 years old boy would love that robot! Nice to hear you are alive, will check again next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is 2 and a half, its such a fun age (especially when you find robots like this!)

      Will try to update this thing a bit more often!

      Delete
  4. I just decided to check this site again on a hunch, and lo and behold an update! Glad to hear you're still alive and kicking, and looking forward to any future updates! I'm sure your kid will love Famicom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, nice to hear from you! Someday I'll try to get this blog up and running again for real :)

      Delete
  5. Nice to see you post again. I also have a son the same age and my gaming and collection have taken a back seat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad to hear from another dad prioritizing his kid over his games :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you for reassuring us that you're not dead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Famicomblog Team,

    My name is Anuj Agarwal. I'm Founder of Feedspot.

    I would like to personally congratulate you as your Famicomblog has been selected by our panelist as one of the Top 75 Retro Gaming Blogs on the web.

    https://blog.feedspot.com/retro_gaming_blogs/

    I personally give you a high-five and want to thank you for your contribution to this world. This is the most comprehensive list of Top 75 Retro Gaming Blogs on the internet and I’m honored to have you as part of this!

    Also, you have the honor of displaying the badge on your blog.

    Best,
    Anuj

    ReplyDelete