Friday, November 15, 2013

Some Game & Watch Goodies


I`ve been collecting Game & Watches for a few years now, but I still don`t have too many.  I really like them though.  I never owned one as a kid, though I did have some generic-brand handhelds which were nowhere near as cool.  

Anyway, this week I acquired four more Game and Watches all in one go through a trade with Whatsupchang over on Famicom World.  I sent him a package of Famicom games and he sent me these beauties:


Gold Cliff, Donkey Kong II, Donkey Kong Jr and Mario Bros!

Actually, Donkey Kong Jr and Mario Bros I already had copies of which I bought at Omocha Souko in Fukuoka a couple of years ago, but Donkey Kong II and Gold Cliff are completely new to me and are really great.  Gold Cliff in particular I had never heard of before but it is kind of a neat game - you control an adventurer and have to get him up to the top of the dual screen to collect some stuff.  Basically the same gameplay as all Game and Watches and I like that.  It also looks pretty good, I like blue stuff!

This is actually my second Famicom-for-Game and Watch trade that I have done on Famicom World.  About a year ago I did a similar trade for the red Micro vs system boxing one, which goes well with my Donkey Kong Hockey here:


There were three of these vs systems made, all I need now is the green Donkey Kong 3 and I will have the whole set!

So my Game and Watch collection is now on the grow again. 

I just love these things!  If anybody else has some Game and Watches they want to trade for Famicom carts, just let me know! 


9 comments:

  1. Game and Watches are pretty freaking cool. I wish I had some to trade you, I can think of a few games you've got I'd want to have, ha ha. Anyway, you've already got a decent collection going there! Speaking of trading, though, any chance you'd ever put up another thread over on Famicom World selling extras?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Actually I did recently (for the first time in well over a year) update my Famicom World For sale thread:

    http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=6575.0

    I actually just dug a few huge boxes of Famicom carts out of storage and am starting to sort through them so next month I plan to put a bunch more up there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you be accepting trades for the other way around?

      Delete
  3. Donkey Kong Jr and Mario Bros are available for trade if you are interested in them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, cool. I would love a trade like that. Famicom carts you can find from any old eBay seller, for probably Y500-$5.00 apiece, whereas G&Ws cost tens of dollars and take some time to find in working condition. How many carts do you think a Game and Watch is worth?

      Delete
  4. Depends on the game. I`d only be interested in trading for ones that I need for my collection right now. I traded these for about 5 Famicom games each, which included some higher value ones (Rockmans, etc).

    I`m also collecting Intellivision and Atari 2600 games if you have any of those to trade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I have so many A2600 games I can't hardly count 'em. I even got a new one sealed for like 10 bucks once.

      Delete
  5. Cool! I might be interested in them, if you have a list of the games you are willing to trade just shoot me an email

    famicomblog (at) hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. little known fact: the "boxing" game and watch was rereleased as Punch Out!!! in the late 1980s

    ReplyDelete